Over on the Dore Talk forum there is some heated discussion about the collapse and Dore Australia. To be fair, most of the anti-Dore people such as PsyDuck, Gimpy and Podblack have been making useful and positive comments. It is the pro-Dore parents who are being rude and reactionary though there are exceptions on both sides.
The reason for much of this heated discussion is simply because Wynford Dore is not giving out any information. As the very public face of his company, he should have a made clear statement back on Friday when this all kicked off. The situation can be improved if he could answer these nine questions. I know staff at Dore read this and I suspect you have a list of questions very similar to this one so please let Wynford and the senior managers know about this post.
1) Why did Dore Australia close so suddenly?
The statement given out on the Dore Talk forum said that Dore Austrialia went into voluntary receivership so that the management could “evaluate different options for setting up a sustainable model for the delivery of the Dore Program”. This makes it sound like a carefully planned business move rather than something forced on the company. If the situation was not serious and urgent, why are clients being turned away and staff laid off?
2) Will clients get their money back?
If Dore Australia’s collapse was planned and not a financial crisis, will you, either personally or via the Dore companies around the world, refund Australian clients who have lost money?
3) When, if ever, do you expect the Australian clinic to reopen?
4) What impact will this have on other clinics around the world?
There has been speculation that the New Zealand clinics will also close. What other closures can we expect?
5) How secure financially is the whole organisation?
6) Is it true that you subsidize each client by £1000?
If this is true, how many more clients can you afford?
7) Why is the Dore Australia web site still trying to recruit new customers?
If the company has closed down, shouldn’t the web site be informing people of this fact?
8) Why have you and the company failed to make a clear statement answering these issues before now?
There is no mention of the Dore Australia bankruptcy on the Dore UK web page or on your own blog.
9) Where does Dore the company and Dore the man go from here?